Monday, August 6, 2012

Brick Fireplace Inspiration

A friend of mine and reader recently asked me this question:

So... We have a brick wood-burning fireplace. The brick is kind of an ugly color. Suggestions?

I asked her if she had thought about painting the fireplace; I love the statement that I white brick fireplace makes in a room, whether it is set against a different-colored wall or a white wall, creating a seamless look.  She told me that she is about to paint the walls gray, and that she has been painting all of the moldings white -- I told her that I think a white fireplace would be just the ticket for this spot.  This conversation prompted me to compile some brick fireplace inspiration, for my friend and for you!  









What's your favorite way to showcase a brick fireplace?  Paint?  No paint?  Tell me!  :-)

love,
maria

18 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this blog! Seeing these pictures really helps Travis and I pick our paint colors for the room!! You are so creative! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so, so welcome! Glad I could help! :-)

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem! What a great solution. Going to buy paint now :)

    xo,
    Courtney
    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love a painted brick fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love white brick fireplaces!So clean & fresh! What a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love how rustic the unpainted fireplaces look...although the white painted ones are just so clean! Either way, you can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There really is no 'right' way to do it -- so many options!

      Delete
  6. White paint! It makes it look so crisp and clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lucky that you have a fireplace! I love the clean white ones. I'm also a fan of filling them with tall candles, only if it's a non-working one of course.

    Stay in the Lines

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect inspiration for me. We now have a white brick fireplace in our new place. Love all these inspirations :)

    I really like photo #6 from bhg.com

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  9. The unpainted fireplaces have so much character, but the white painted ones look so bright and fresh! Hard to decide!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those empty frames really are too cool - love that idea!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think an all-white fireplace will look super chic with gray walls! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought!