Tuesday, August 7, 2012

House Tour: Ina Garten's Barn



I love Ina Garten.  Her soft-spoken nature, inventiveness in the kitchen, and cookbooks that easily transport me to a calmer world entirely make me smile.  :-)  I have a couple of her books, and I have made some of her recipes; but even if I just feel like taking a mental vacation, I can simply open one of her cookbooks and read.  There are not many cookbooks I can say that about!

Today we're touring Ina Garten's 'barn,' a small, but dazzling, home that she built behind her main house in East Hampton, New York.  With rustic simplicity and first-class amenities, this is probably the most luxurious 'barn' I have ever seen!  ;-)

Here we have the terrace.  Lovely, yes?  That table is gorgeous!

I think this covered porch is great -- set up like a living area, with a cozy couch and rattan chairs.  Yes, please.

Here, a covered porch leads to the entrance of the barn.  Can you say industrial-lamp-love?  :-)

In this photo, you can see the glorious main house off in the distance.  I like that the second house is a short walk away -- still enough time to enjoy the weather outdoors.

Really?  Can I just have all of this, please?  The bathtub looks out into the garden, too.  Swoon.

This is Ina's small office space -- loving all of the natural elements and textures.

Beautiful bedroom in a very soft color palette.  I love that adorable checkered chair -- and if you were wondering, yes, there is a garden outside of this door, too!

I told you that chair is cute!  This is the perfect spot for morning pastries and coffee.

Another angle of the bedroom -- loving that wall sconce!

This simple and organized pantry is amazing!  Industrial, yet very pretty.

Seriously, I need to cry over this kitchen.  It is perfect.  My dream kitchen.  Open shelving, neutral color palette...

A fireplace, shared by both the kitchen and the dining room.  Lovely asymmetrical mantel display.

Really?  Look at that amazing bar!  I love how close the dining and cooking areas are to one another.  And the decor is fabulously rustic and chic.

Soft and serene dining room.

You're gonna have to sweep me off the floor...because I literally just melted.  Here is another angle of the kitchen and dining room -- so textural!

The entryway, complete with a luxurious settee, petite wall sconces, and a soft rug.  Beauty at its finest.

Okay -- time to play the what's-your-favorite-part game!  Tell me!  :-)

love,
maria

**All photos and information from House Beautiful.

17 comments:

  1. wow! I don't know how you can call that a barn haha. My favorite part is definitely the long line of bar stools! That would be pretty sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things Ina..... including her "barn"....... I agree..... doesn't quite seem to be the right word for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to agree with you, I love her cookbooks! And wow i love the color scheme going on, so much texture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY I would love to call that barn my home! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED THOSE EXPOSED BEAM CEILINGS! So gorgeous! :)

    Also, I would totally take a home cooked meal from the Barefoot Contessa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am a huge Ina fan! I have several of her cookbooks displayed in my kitchen because they are just so pretty to look at!! I love every thing about her barn. My favorite is probably the open kitchen/dining, but the bedroom is very lovely too, well it all is! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her books are so pretty to display, too! :-)

      Delete
  7. wow!! this tour was amazing. straight out of a magazine. I could totally curl up with a book in this place.


    giveaway over at The House of Shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoh a fireplace shared by the kitchen and living room is my dream :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Ina! She's my favorite on Food Network. Her home is beautiful. I love every single detail. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandi -- she is my favorite, too! Thanks so much for coming by!

      Delete
  10. I have all of her books, and have pre-ordered the next one! Would love to live in the barn..or just drop by for dinner some time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! :-) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Leave a thought!