Thursday, August 2, 2012

Nancy Meyers Movie Interiors: "The Parent Trap"

I remember how excited I was to see The Parent Trap with my dad when I was a young girl.  I had been waiting and waiting to see it, and finally the day came, on a daddy-daughter date, no less.  It was so much fun, and even then, I was captivated by the interiors that were brought to screen -- the gorgeous Napa estate, and the sophisticated London home.  I loved them both for different reasons, but each one felt warm and welcoming, and over the years I have watched that movie over and over again, always picking out things that I love about the interiors.  Do any of you have a movie like that?

This movie is just another example of how Nancy Meyers puts so much thought into her projects...the homes utterly and wholly represent their inhabitants, and there's a very complete feeling that I get when I watch her movies; like the characters have been both fairly and expertly represented.  She is, without a doubt, amazing at her job.

Here we have the crisp, white exterior of the English home.  I love the neutral steps, the deep black door, and that glorious lantern.  Simple and beautiful.

This is the greenery-covered home in Napa.  To.die.for.  It is warm, rich, and welcoming -- not too overdone.  Just look at those arches and shutters.  Swoon!

The very large patio in the Napa home is set up with different conversational spots throughout, and I love that.  Oversized furniture is balanced with a small lantern overhead.

Just look at that huge fireplace in the Napa home!  Oh my gosh. Oversized artwork, upholstered chairs just begging to be sat in, and a worldly rug...accented with urns and warm tiling.  Yes, please!

A beautiful curvy staircase inside of the London home makes me squeal!  I love the gallery wall all the way up the stairs; effortlessly chic.  The dark railing, rust walls, and charming coat rack are among my other favorite aspects of this home.  :-)

Looking back, which home is your favorite from The Parent Trap?  Why?

love,
maria

Don't miss the other posts in my Nancy Meyers Mini Series!

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorite movies as a kid... Oh who am I kidding, I still love it watch it! Both homes are obviously amazing. I'd say the interior of the London home is definitely more my style, but how can you beat the landscape of the Napa home? I suppose I'd settle for a combination of the two. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still watch it too, Megan! :-) I agree with you -- the London home is more "me," but I cannot get enough of the scenery from the Napa home! Hard to choose!

      Delete
  2. I love this sweet movie! I would say the Napa home is a bit more my style. Love the patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that patio is gorgeous! :-) Thanks, Julia!

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with you on the staircase - I love a long winding one :)


    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite is the english home! The staircase alone has my heart! I love this series you're doing...you can't really see the homes in their entirety while you're enjoying the movie, so it's nice to see them up close in your posts! Really great! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I am enjoying it...it is encompassing some of my favorite movies, and it is so much fun! :-) Glad you are liking it!

      Delete
  5. That staircase is to die for...such timeless glamour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I want to watch this movie. It has been way too long. I love the entrance to the England home-- the door, columns, tree...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought!