Friday, August 10, 2012

Nancy Meyers Movie Interiors: "Something's Gotta Give"

Well, today is our last post in the Nancy Meyers Mini-Series.  I hope that you have enjoyed it, and I will include links at the bottom of this post so that you can easily access the other homes that we have explored.  Today we're going to take a look at the house from the movie Something's Gotta Give -- you know, the movie with Diane Keaton (love her)?  This home has appeared in many magazines and it is all over Pinterest...it seems that people go crazy for the interior design and decorating that makes this home so special.  So today, we're ending our series with a bang with one of the most beautiful movie interiors I have ever seen -- let's take a look!

There is such a perfect contrast on this staircase -- dark meets light -- and it is echoed in the wood accents around it.  And that blue lamp -- love!  (Rene from Cottage and Vine just completed an awesome lamp makeover, and it looks so much like this one!)

A luxurious office area overlooks a giant wall full of windows -- ideal for inspiration.  The primarily white color palette is accented with deep wood tones to create an exceptional warmth throughout the space.

I need this closet.  I love how everything is tucked away, but still viewable through windowed doors.

Again, a white/cream color palette is warmed up with rich woods.  Love that china display, too!  In my future woodsy vacation home, I need a display like that!  ;-)

Oh my gosh -- this kitchen!  My favorite aspect is the stove and the range hood.  *Swoon*.

This is the famous room that has shown up in magazines, Pinterest boards, and many other blogs -- and for good reason!  Expertly styled, looking polished yet lived in, and so very cozy.  I just love that rug!

Okay, time for the what's-your-favorite-part game!  Tell me!  :-)

love,
maria

*I hope you have enjoyed this mini-series as much as I have loved sharing it with you.  If you would like to check out more Nancy Meyers Movie Interiors...*

4 comments:

  1. I love to cook, so definitely the kitchen is my favorite. That stove is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that stove beautiful? My mother-in-law has the same one -- so much fun to cook with!

      Delete
  2. All beautiful rooms but my most favorite has to be the gorgeous home office. The wide bay windows are to die for!

    Thanks for a great post, Maria!

    P/S: Come by and enter my art giveaway, if you like!

    http://www.mixandchic.com/2012/08/a-product-review-and-giveaway-artful.html

    Have a great weekend!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought!