Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tagged: 11 Things

My new friend Joy over at Frock Files tagged me in this fun 11 Things questionnaire that is circulating around the blog world!  I loved getting to know her a little bit more and I'm thrilled to be able to participate in this!  Thanks for tagging me, Joy!  :-)

The Rules
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/Twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.

This is my hubby and I on Christmas Eve.  Every year we go to my grandparents' house where we have a huge feast with the whole rest of the family; and at gift-giving time, everyone puts on reindeer antlers or Santa hats.  We love and value tradition in my family!  ;-)

{11 Random Things About Me}

1. I met my husband in high school.  He wouldn't pay any attention to me, and that made me discouraged.  Years later, when we were both in college, we ran into each other again (he was playing in a band that my brother had started).  I found out that he had harbored a secret crush on me in high school; we went out on date number one, and were married four years later.

2. I have a handful of truly amazing girlfriends who inspire me each day.  We are all so different, but we mesh all the same.  It's a really cool thing.

3. Laundry is something that I really enjoy doing.  I know, I'm weird -- but there's something about the relaxed nature of it that makes me feel really cozy.  Maybe when I have kids my love for laundry will change; but for now, it's one of my favorite weekend activities.

4. I chew on straws.  It's a habit that I cannot break, even though it bugs me that by the time I am finished drinking my coffee/smoothie/tea I can barely squeeze any more liquid through the closed-off opening.

5. I have been pulled over twice by the police for going to slow.  Each time, my response was: "I'm lost!"

6. My favorite food of all time is Macaroni and Cheese.  Any kind of mac -- really, I'm not picky.  When I go to a new restaurant, if they have macaroni and cheese, it's what I judge the place on.  I could eat mac every day for the rest of my life and never tire of it.  Just call me Mac Fiend.

7. I am guilty of laughing so hard that I pee my pants.  This has happened on more occasions than I can count.  Woops.

8. I love God so much and truly believe in Him.  Through God, all things are possible, and that's what I try to remind myself each day.

9. My nickname is "Moo Moo" when it comes to my mom and one of my best friends, Brynne.  I don't remember why they gave me this name, but it has stuck for many, many years.

10. I am a huge fan of chick-lit, and I'm proud!  Something about female authors writing about female issues (whether large or small) makes me so happy.  One of my favorite things to do is snuggle up on the couch with an Emily Giffin or Jen Lancaster book and really get lost in the pages.

11. My dreams are limitless, but right now I am focusing on my decorating/design career.  I am loving every minute.

{Questions From Joy}

1. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be -- and with whom?
I would be in New York City with my husband.  I find so many things magical in that city, and I would love for him to feel the enchantment that I experience when I am there.

2. What's your favorite smell?
I have two.  Fresh-baked cookies, and desert rain.  

3. What's the last thing that literally made you laugh out loud?
My hubby making some funny comment -- I don't remember what it was; we laugh a lot in this house.  :-)

4. Are you spontaneous?  Examples, please!
Ohhhh, no.  Definitely not.  I am an incredible planner and I am known to basically go into panic mode if something doesn't go exactly the way it is written in my Precious Book.  It is something I am seriously trying to be better about, but it's hard!  It's the way I'm wired, you know?

5. What's the best gift you've ever received?
Definitely the book The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.  I was given the book by my dad one Christmas while I was in high school, and it taught me things that I will never forget.

6. Who would play you in the HBO version of your life?
Hmmm.  That's a good question!  I'm going to go with Carrie Bradshaw -- I know SJP is who plays Carrie, but we'll go with the actual character of Carrie in answering this question!  She's the woman we all love!

7. Heels or flats?
Omg, flats.  I looorve flats.  My favorites are my wedding shoes -- gold Kate Spade peep-toes with adorable little pearly accents.  Plus, my husband's already shorter than me, so I don't go out in heels too often.  ;-)

8. Finish this statement, "I've always wished..."
...that I hadn't let go of some really important friendships in the past.  One in particular, really.  I let too many things cloud my view of what was important, and I let someone go who I was close with for a lot of years.  It's hard to live with that, but I learned from it.

9. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled, definitely!

10. What's your favorite piece of clothing that's in your wardrobe currently?
Hmmmm, can it be an accessory?  I'm not big on clothing, but I do love my Louis Vuitton Damier Neverfull!  (I do wear clothing, by the way; I just don't have favorites -lol.  Don't think I didn't realize how that sounded!)

11. Where do you hope to be with your blog in 5 years?
I hope to have turned it into more of a business, focusing both on blogging and styling and designing for people's homes.  I hope to turn this blog into a brand of sorts -- my dreams are limitless!  :-)

{My Questions For You}

1. What is the one food that brings you the most comfort, or simply reminds you of home?

2. If you have planned a wedding, what was your experience?  Did you love it?  Hate it?  If you haven't planned a wedding, what type of theme are you looking to replicate?

3. Who is your favorite designer -- interior, fabric, fashion...anything goes!

4. What is your one guilty pleasure?

5. Answer this: "My favorite season is _______ because_________."

6. What is your fondest childhood memory?

7. If you could have one career for the rest of your life, what would it be?

8. Chocolate or vanilla?

9. Are you a person who loves to fly by the seat of your pants, or are you a planner?

10. When it comes to colors, which ones do you gravitate more towards?

11. What made you end up in the blogging world, and name a few reasons why you love it!

I am tagging these amazing bloggers:

love, maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought!