Friday, March 30, 2012

Offices: The Bolder, The Better!

I don't know about you, but when it comes to creating an office space, I am a huge fan of boldness.  Give me bright colors, busy wallpaper, and interesting accent furniture and I'm a happy girl.  My husband, on the other hand, does not share my sentiments for wild decor, so it looks as though I am going to have to live out my bold office inspiration on All Things Luxurious this morning, and not in our apartment.  ;-)

I love how this office has two separate workspaces up against the same wall -- seemingly one for a male, and one for a female (judging on the color of the chairs!).  I also really appreciate the two separate lighting options for this space -- it really gives them room some nice visual interest.  And the colors?  Of course I'm in love!  ;-)

This is a nice bohemian-inspired space.  I love that the desk area is flanked by two floor-to-ceiling bookshelves, and the pop of the lime green workspace is really bright and peppy.  All of the furniture is a little mis-matchy, but the flow is fantastic -- the space definitely feels planned out and well done.

Okay, I really like that stenciled accent flowery accent wall.  Very fun.  Two workstations again -- a nice luxury in an office; this looks to be part office, part craft room, which I really like!  This is sort of what I hope for my husband and I to have at some point -- two areas for us both to work on different things.  (Probably without the flowery wall, though.  I'll have to work on that.)

In this office, I really like how the accessories are the accents.  The room itself is all white, but with the addition of the boxes, chairs, and window treatments, this space become bold and colorful.  Plus, polka dot chairs are my friend.  ;-)

This space is fabulous.  Look at that rich, luxurious burnt-orange of the shelving in the background!  And the zebra-print throw rug underneath the modern-glam black desk is perfection.  I also love the teal lamps mixed with the stripes of teal on the chair cushions.  

An office with bright pink walls.  What more could a girl want?  This office is also a fabulous example of how a Persian rug can totally work in a modern space.  It's definitely one of my favorite decorating inspirations, and it works perfectly in this room.

Bold and daring, a chevron rug is one of the coolest accessories you can add to any room, and they are super trendy right now.  I really like this space -- and that desk is absolutely gorgeous!

This is a fabulous example of old-Hollywood glamour.  That tufted burnt-orange stool; the glossy black desk with the brass hardware; those lustrous blue walls -- doesn't this office make you think of an old hotel that you would've seen in a movie like Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Which of these offices is your favorite?

Do you like boldness when it comes to home offices?

love, maria

8 comments:

  1. I wish I had an office that looked like this! Gray walls and carpets for me :(

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! ;-) My hubby and I don't even have an office as of yet!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love #8...wonderful colors and style!!Don’t forget to enter my current “coastal” giveaway…it’s a beauty!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, #8 is probably one of my top favorites! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. That last one would be my favorite! I'm definitely a little scared of bold color sometimes, but I could get over that :) Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I hear ya! ;-) Thanks for stopping by, Courtney! I love your blog.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love all these! Great inspiration for my office which is on the list of rooms to makeover!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought!