Friday, July 6, 2012

High Five For Friday!

Well, it's been a great week.  With the 4th of July providing an extra opportunity to hang out with family and ample time to have some DIY fun, I'm a very happy camper.  It's weeks, days, hours like these that make me feel incredibly blessed...for so many things.  And even though I need to work on feeling this way through all times (even through the hard stuff), there have been days this week where I have thought to myself, is this really my life?  I have been just so completely happy and full.  It's nice to feel this way.  Utterly happy.

I have some fun things coming up on the blog for you next week.  Of course, I will be posting some entries this weekend, but next week we're talking easy ways to decorate with seashells, a Pinterest Challenge project that I completed, another Nancy Meyers movie interior (if you missed the first one, click here), and an easy-peasy (and inexpensive!) DIY summertime wreath.  It'll be fun -- so I hope you come back here to join me!  ;-)

Today I'm linking up with Lauren from From My Grey Desk with my High Five For Friday post.  :-)  Head on over to her lovely blog to join in on the fun!


From My Grey Desk

High Five For Friday

I kept my birthday flowers alive for another week -- aren't they pretty?
Sadly, they started to look a little lopsided yesterday...

And then they started to shed...

They are on their last leg, but I'm proud of myself for keeping them alive for as long as I have.  That never happens!

*****

Our 4th of July celebration at my sister-in-law's house!

The chalkboard in their kitchen was perfectly festive.

We sat here and ate yummy barbecued ribs, watermelon, corn, coleslaw, and potato salad.  Nummers.

Their doggy Tater celebrated with us, too.  ;-)

*****

My hubby comes home for lunch in the afternoons -- one of the perks of working right down the street from our home!  ;-)  I am loving cooking for him.

*****

I got a little festive with my outfit on the 4th.  Red and white polka dot top with blue shorts.  Around mid-afternoon, it started to rain, so I switched the top to a blue and white button-up and topped the look off with a swipe of red lipstick.

*****

I finally bought the Anthropologie table runner I have been swooning over for the past nine months.  You can read more about that here.

What was your favorite part of this week?

love,
maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought!