Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Fancy Blonde Chihuahua

 Happy Sunday!  :-)

I thought I would take today to share something personal with you, and that is my love for this little creature.


This is Wally.  My husband likes to call him Walter, but his real full name is Wallabee.  
My dad brought him home from an animal shelter for me when I was eighteen.
I instantly fell in love.


One of the best things about him is that he has a snaggletooth that is ever-so-present, all the time.
And a cowlick that never goes away.
He sings when my brother plays guitar and I play the piano -- like, full-on Snoopy style.
And he loves onions.  Especially when they come from the kitchen floor.


Wally has many different outfits, and dresses for all occasions.
His Hot Dog costume and Santa suit are two of his wardrobe staples.
My husband would describe him as "wormy, floppy, and nosey -- always wanting to know what is going on."
And he loves to snuggle -- which makes him special.


Wally once got bitten on the nose by a bug, and his nose never returned to the same color again.
He usually smells bad, even after a bath.
We don't mind, because we know he can't help it.


Speaking of baths, he hates them.
Like, really hates them.
But he likes to be bundled up when it is all over.


I told you he has a snaggletooth.
You thought I was kidding, didn't you?


No piece of furniture is too pristine for Wally to claim for himself.
He's invited to sit on anything...but only when my dad goes to bed.
He is quite spoiled, but seriously, look at that face.


He likes to eat grass...it's a fun way to pass the time.
He is so lovable, that when I moved out, my mom couldn't part with him -- so he still lives with my parents.
Wally spends his time rolling on his back waiting for belly rubs and sniffing around for scraps of food anywhere his nose takes him.


love,
maria

22 comments:

  1. I love the picture of his snaggletooth! Never heard of a dog liking onions before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw he is so cute! I love my puppies too. Not sure what I'd do without my dogs :)

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable he is! It's definitely his personality that makes him so lovable, isn't it?

    Have a lovely day!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely his personality -- lol! You have a wonderful day, too!

      Delete
  4. What a cutie!! I love his snaggletooth! That happens to my pup sometimes too and it makes me laugh so hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I love it -- it's one of my favorite things about him! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Such a cute post for a cute doggie! I love his snaggletooth! crazy that he likes to eat onions! :)

    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wally (or Walter - love that!) is hand-down the cutest chihuahua I have ever seen! That snaggletooth just gives him oodles of character and charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww love Wally! Aren't fur babies seriously the best????

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness maria he is SO CUTE. i can't handle that puppy!! (yes, i call all dogs puppies... even if they're full grown) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I am with you Molly -- he definitely is our "puppy." ;-)

      Delete
  9. Haha I can't believe Wally sings along when you and your brother play instruments! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable dog Maria! We have 2 little shih zhus that we love dearly! They just bring us so much job....as Wallie does for you! Have a fabulous week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie -- dogs are awesome, aren't they? They definitely do bring so much joy!

      Delete

Leave a thought!