Sunday, July 15, 2012

House Tour: Mary Schmidt Amons


Any of you reality television-lovers out there (guilty!) probably remember cool, calm, and collected Mary Schmidt Amons from Bravo's The Real Housewives of DC which aired a while back.  Mary was my favorite personality on that rendition of Housewives, and I was always so delighted when the show shot scenes from her house -- it is stunning!

How lovely is that?!  There are times when I am a big fan of symmetry, and this one of them!  I am very fond of those two large trees flanking the entryway.  Gor-ge-ous.

Her daughter's room.  Sweet built-in shelving and an airy white color palette with a few choice pops of color -- one of my favorite ways to decorate.  And a lovely display of ribbons won above the window.  

I have had this dressing room "pinned" for a long time.  I love it because it's not over-the-top -- it has a subtle chicness to it without being pretentious.  The natural light that radiates in from that window is probably my favorite thing -- wouldn't you love to see all of your clothes, shoes, and accessories in that beautiful brightness?

A pretty bathroom with a neutral color palette really makes the materials chosen for this room sing.  I appreciate how simple this is, but it still wows.

The master bedroom is completely swoon-worthy.  Again, I am crazy about all of the white, and with a few colorful pops (along with that fabulous zebra-print rug), this room just may be my favorite in the house.  Check out that bed frame, too -- pretty, right?

Okay, I lied -- this is my favorite room in the house.  (See what I mean?  I love it all!)  The fireplace is so lovely and traditional, but mixed with modern and contemporary pieces, this space looks fresh and inviting.  And what do you think of that mirror and those wall sconces?


Perfect styling -- old family photos and a curvy lime green lamp.  Loving!

Again, Mary makes an impression on us without being too gussied up.  This kitchen is gorgeous, yes, but ostentatious, no!  Simple, sweetly styled, and a space made for hanging out.

A beautiful collection of mismatched teacups.  Gotta love it!

I love this dining room.  It takes on a slightly warmer color scheme than the rest of the house, with a dark table, chairs, and rug, but the sprightly space is maintained by the white walls and minimal artwork.  Don't you love that print of her family above the fireplace?  Effortlessly cool.

Beautiful panel molding and white beams give this room nice dimension.  Loving all of the animal-print!  

Okay, let's play the what's-your-favorite-room game.  Ready, set, go!

love,
maria

PS: Don't miss Ellen Pompeo's house tour from a couple of weeks ago!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'd have to say the daughter's room. I have always wanted a room like that where there was that window seat. :) Love the floor too. It was a tough choice, though.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the master bedroom! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that room, too! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Leave a thought!