Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Tablescapes

Hey, there.  :-)

Thanks for bearing with me in my absence this week -- my bestest friend was in town, so I wanted to devote as much time as I could to her.  We had a great time, and I'm so glad that I got to spend as much time with her as I did!

Today we're talking summer tablescapes.  Table-setting is an art that I am still learning. Being creative while setting a functional table is something that my mom is really good at, and I remember watching her set the table for fancier occasions while I was growing up and loving all of the thought that she put into it.  We're going to take a look at summer table settings this morning, but I'm excited at the prospect of re-introducing this post idea for the other seasons of the year!  :-)

In this setting, I love the hot pink table runner mixed with the neutral element of the burlap tablecloth, and pretty flowers in mason jars.

White slip-covered chairs, icy blue vases, and sea creatures abound -- a perfect beachy setting.

A lovely string of lights accents this adorable table, adorned with red lanterns and a pretty quit tablecloth.

Bright poppy red mixes with gold glitz and crystal stemware in this beautiful setting.

Simple wood folding chairs, happy-colored flowers, beer and wine -- the perfect elements for a casual party, yet still keeping with adorable elements.

I love this setting for its sweetly-dyed mason jars, vintage-inspired mismatched place mats, and cutesy, colorful pendant banner.

Funky green lanterns, flowers in repurposed cans, floral table linens -- to me, this setting screams summer!

In this setting, lovely milky white dishes, blue and white porcelain and linens, and chippy chairs create the perfect cottage table setting while still maintaining an understated elegance.

Bright yellows and delicious blues, egg cups holding sweet oranges, and a tiny bowl of berries create a brunch setting to admire.

Which setting is your favorite?

love,
maria

2 comments:

  1. It's impossible to choose just one! They are all beautiful! My favorite four are Eclectic Affair (love the bunting, great for summer), Sophisticated Barbecue (beautiful for Autumn), Elegantly Nautical( love the slipcovered chairs), and Garden Retreat (love the colors!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting and stopping by, Julia! :-)

      Delete

Leave a thought!