Thursday, July 5, 2012

Table Runner of my Dreams

About nine months ago, while popping into Anthropologie to pick out some decor for my Fall wedding, I came across this table runner and instantly fell in luuuuuurve.  I mean hard.


Isn't she pretty?  Can you blame me?  The problem was, I didn't look at the price.  I just stared at the runner, petted it, and then reluctantly tore myself away from it thinking that it was way out of my price range.

Then, about a month ago, this little beauty found its way to me again while I was perusing one of my favorite blogs, Cupcakes and Cashmere.  I swooned, and then died just a little, because that's what happens when you love something but you can't have it.

Which brings me to the other day, when I was thrifting at my local Savers (great finds for projects and more!) and I found a pretty woven table runner that was reminiscent of my beloved Anthro variety.  


Okay, so the tinsel-y sweetness isn't there; but it has tassels, and there were no stain marks, no tears -- it was a virtually perfect find.  So I walked away with it.  And when I got home, I set it up and then came up with a summery centerpiece.  When my husband came home from work, he commented on the runner (he's awesome and notices things like that), and I smiled and felt proud.  And then I asked him if he wanted to see the table runner that danced in my dreams at night.

This brought me to the Anthropologie website, to the table linens section, and - oh my gosh - there it was, in all it's shimmery glory.  My runner.

For forty-eight dollars?!  What?!

I was shocked.  I squealed and I clapped and I may have even stood up and done a little fist-pumping action.  My husband just stared at me.  ;-) 

That night, I didn't sleep.  I couldn't!  Because this table runner was keeping me up.  And so, the next day, I went and found it -- it was there alone, like it was waiting for me -- and I hugged it and it sat in the front seat with me on my way home from the shopping center.  I had birthday money from last week's happy day, so it only cost me two dollars!  Woo!




I love how reminiscent of a Moroccan wedding blanket this runner is.  Maybe that's why I fell so hard for it in the first place...


What do you think?  And are you a person who obsesses over table linens, too?

love, maria

6 comments:

  1. Wow I love the feel of that runner! It's so rustic!
    xo,
    http://peppermintandivy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh la la. PRETTY! Anthropologie has the cutest home section.

    xo,
    Courtney
    girlavantgarde.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally do! Love their pretty mugs and bowls, too!

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I love that runner!! So pretty! I am a sucker for natural, textural fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Thanks so much for stopping by! I love your blog!

      Delete

Leave a thought!